Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Even when I was single with zero prospects, I never really harbored bad feelings for Valentine's Day. From the time I was very little, there was always candy or a nice card. Dad always brought home flowers for Mom, and she usually cooked something a little more elaborate than the norm. When I got older I suppose I could have become bitter, wishing pain upon my high school students who received bears and balloons in the front office, or feeling the sting when my girl friends told me of their elegant candlelit dinners. But I just always figured my time would eventually come. And it did. I am married to a wonderful man who I really love. I look forward to many more Valentine's Days with him down the road.
Other things I love:
  • coffee
  • Greek food
  • a good sunrise
  • Seinfeld re-runs
  • board games
  • baseball
  • Italian sausage
  • my father's laugh
  • learning how to navigate a subway system
  • plain M&Ms
  • jamming with my brother or friends
  • hearing Mom tell a story or a joke
  • riding bikes
  • the smell of ocean air
  • tulips
  • puppets
  • learning new things
  • my husband's hugs
  • dogs
  • the feeling after a road race
  • sitting in a hot car
  • reading
  • pro tennis
  • a perfectly cooked steak
  • a student who improves
  • my sister's joy about virtually everything
  • thermal blankets
  • satellite radio
  • olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment